Is God Calling You?
Is God calling you to leverage your life overseas? Are you challenged at the thought of people groups who have not heard the hope of Christ? Do you believe this hope is for all people and should come in a form and context that fits their culture? Are you willing to sacrifice your own comforts and culture in order to bring this Good News to the unreached? Are you prepared to be bi-vocational to become part of the communities you are called to reach?
If this is you, bring your gifts, talents & vision to join a global team from many nations living their faith within communities without access to the Gospel, in such a way that new believers don't leave their culture to follow Jesus.
Global Teams is led by multi-cultural leaders from five different continents. We send Field Partners from both the Global North and the Global South. Our international composition positions us closer to the least reached, enabling proximate (nearby) sending while the diversity of cultures, languages and experience combine to enhance our effectiveness.
Are We a Good Fit?
OUR MISSION: We equip and send field partners from many nations to multiply disciples of Jesus within cultures least familiar with the Gospel.
Our vision comes from the example of Jesus. John writes, “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” God became fully human in Jesus, leaving the privileges of heaven and taking on the culture and language of a first century Jew. He is both model and mandate for our vision to pursue mission strategies and lifestyles that are intentionally incarnational among the cultures we seek to reach.
In Revelation 5, every tribe, language, people and nation are gathered before the throne in worship. Diversity in culture and language are clearly part of God’s redemptive plan.
In like manner, Global Teams pursues a diversity of languages and cultures among our Field Partners and we implement strategies that honor the cultures we serve.
OUR VISION: To See the Heart of Christ in the Skin of Every Culture.
What Can I Do Now?
There are so many opportunities before you even go to the field. Here are a few:
- Fill Out the "Exploring a Call to Go" form (below) and begin the conversation
- Attend an InOps class to gain insight from leaders and learn of opportunities to serve
- Take "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement" from our partners at Perspectives
- Begin to research and pray through the list of unreached people groups at Joshua Project
- Go to this Global Teams page and pray through the forty new unreached people groups we are trying to reach
- Set up an Internship or exploratory trip with us. Email Sheryl Shaw.
- Begin to work with refugees in your area & join our Refugee Ministry Cohort Email Yvonne
- Sign up for our monthly Zoom prayer call. Email Elizabeth.
- Read "A Wind in the House of Islam" by David Garrison or listen to the Author's Interview
- Read The Lausanne Covenant
- Take part in a short-term mission trip & download the Short Term Mission Checklist
- Check out the latest Global Teams International Update.