Is God Calling You?
Is God calling you to leverage your life overseas? Are you challenged at the thought of people groups who have not heard the hope of Christ? Do you believe this hope is for all people and should come in a form and context that fits their culture? Are you willing to sacrifice your own comforts and culture in order to bring this Good News to the unreached? Are you prepared to be bi-vocational to become part of the communities you are called to reach?
Ready to explore your call now?
Fill out a quick form.
Where Could You Go?
Burundi: Swahili Muslims
DRCongo: Swahili Muslims
Kenya: Digo, Orma, Segeju, Burji, Somalis
Malawi: Swahili Muslims, Kachchi Muslims, Hindu Gujarati
Mozambique: Nahara, Makua Meetto, Maconde, Makua Shirima
Rwanda: Swahili Muslims
Tanzania: Digo, Makua-Meeto, Makonde, Segeju, Zaramo, Ndengereko, Swahili and others
Uganda: Ik, Dodoth, Healthcare
Gujarati Coordinator, East Africa
Tai (Shan) - Myanmar
Safe Water - Himalayas
Opportunities are available in several countries in South Asia. Ask for more information.
Opportunities are available in several other countries in the Turco-Russian world. Ask for information.
What Could You Do?
Available platforms include TEACHING, SAFE WATER, HEALTHCARE and more. A major portion of your ministry will be prayer walking and learning language and culture while looking for open doors and bridges for the Gospel in this people group. You will be following the lead of the local field partners. As relationships are established, discipleship can begin even before people have come to follow Christ, and as people learn about Jesus you can encourage them to share what they are learning with family and close friends. You will look for resources, networks and opportunities for partnerships with other organizations and individuals as you develop strategies for multiplying movements.
Are We a Good Fit?
Global Teams is led by multi-cultural leaders from five different continents. We send Field Partners from both the Global North and the Global South. Our international composition positions us closer to the least reached, enabling proximate (nearby) sending while the diversity of cultures, languages and experience combine to enhance our effectiveness.
OUR MISSION: We equip and send field partners from many nations to multiply disciples of Jesus within cultures least familiar with the Gospel.
Our vision comes from the example of Jesus. John writes, “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” God became fully human in Jesus, leaving the privileges of heaven and taking on the culture and language of a first century Jew. He is both model and mandate for our vision to pursue mission strategies and lifestyles that are intentionally incarnational among the cultures we seek to reach.
In Revelation 5, every tribe, language, people and nation are gathered before the throne in worship. Diversity in culture and language are clearly part of God’s redemptive plan. In like manner, Global Teams pursues a diversity of languages and cultures among our Field Partners and we implement strategies that honor the cultures we serve.
OUR VISION: To See the Heart of Christ in the Skin of Every Culture.
What Can I Do Now?
There are so many opportunities before you even go to the field. Here are a few:
- Fill Out the "Exploring a Call to Go" form (above) and begin the conversation,
- Attend an InOps class to gain insight from leaders and learn of opportunities to serve
- Take "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement" from our partners at Perspectives
- Begin to research and pray through the list of unreached people groups at Joshua Project
- Go to this Global Teams page and pray through the forty new unreached people groups we are trying to reach
- Set up an Internship or exploratory trip with us. Email Sheryl Shaw.
- Begin to work with refugees in your area & join our Refugee Ministry Cohort Email Yvonne
- Sign up for our monthly Zoom prayer call. Email Elizabeth.
- Read "A Wind in the House of Islam" by David Garrison or listen to the Author's Interview
- Read The Lausanne Covenant
- Take part in a short-term mission trip & download the Short Term Mission Checklist
- Check out the latest Global Teams International Update.