Right now, around the world, billions of Hindus are observing Diwali, the Festival of Lights. The 15 Days of Prayer initiative encourages Christians to pray for our Hindu neighbors during this time. While Christians cannot celebrate all of the aspects of Diwali, we can certainly appreciate the celebration of light over darkness.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring an openness in the hearts of Hindus around the world to hearing about Jesus, the Light of the World.
- Pray for cessation of sectarian violence in the Indian subcontinent.
- Pray for GT field partners, as well as workers from other Christian organizations, who are working in South Asia.
Several organizations publish guides for praying for Hindus. Here are two:
- 15 Days of Prayer - Get the 15 Days Hindu Prayer Guide Booklets Now (15daysprayer.com)
- 15 Days of Prayer – International Site for the 15 Days Hindu World Prayer Guide (pray15days.org)